2009 PLAYOFF NOTES:
- Leads the team in takeaways (6)
- T-2nd on team in points (1-3=4)
- Registered two points (1-1=2) in Game 3 of the WCQF at Anaheim on April 21
- 12th playoff appearance including a Stanley Cup win (Colorado - 2001) and a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals (Los Angeles - 1993)
2008-09 REGULAR SEASON NOTES:
- Amongst League defensemen, he ranks T-16th in points (10-35=45), 19th in assists (35), 8th in shots (198), T-17th in power play goals (6) and 9th in PIM (110).
- Returned from injury on April 3 and registered an assist vs. Edmonton
- Scored his 10th goal of the season on March 19. It marks the 13th time that he has posted 10+ goals in a season, tying him with Mathieu Schneider for second-most among active NHL defensemen, behind Nicklas Lidstrom (15 times).
- Missed five games (March 22 - 30) due to injury (lower body)
- Missed two games (March 10-12) with a lower body injury
- Missed two games (Jan. 17 - 20) due to injury (upper body)
- Recorded his 500th career assist on Jan. 9 at Edmonton surpassing Randy Carlyle for 22nd career assists amongst NHL defensemen
- Tied his career-high for the seventh time with his six-game point streak (3-5=8) from Nov. 17 - Dec. 2
- Named Seagate "Sharks Player of the Month" for November, leading the league defensemen for the month of November in points (5-11=16, next closest was Souray's 13)
- Had a three-game goal streak (3-0=3 from Nov. 26-29, which tied a franchise record for longest goal streak by a defensemen (done three other times)
- Tied his career-high and a Sharks franchise record with four assists (0-4=4) vs. Washington on Nov. 22
- Scored first goal as a Shark on Nov. 6 vs. St. Louis. The power play goal was the 127th power play goal of his career which tied him for fifth amongst defensemen in League history (Denis Potvin)
- Registered two assists in his Sharks debut on Oct. 9 vs. Anaheim. His 6 shots in the second period tied a franchise individual record for shots in a period (15th time in Sharks history - since surpassed by Pavelski)
- Taught Joe Thornton how to apply wax to a surf board
- Son Jack's favorite player has been Joe Thornton for the last few years and he had to tell him not to wear Thornton's jersey to Kings games while playing in Los Angeles
- Had a role in Mike Myers movie "The Love Guru"