At each home game during the Sharks regular season, the Sharks Foundation will host an in-game charity auction to benefit youth and families in our local community. Visit the NEW Sharks Foundation Booth located at Section 120 on the concourse!
Items for auction can range from autographed jerseys and framed photos to Zamboni rides and player meet & greets. Several special auctions will also take place throughout the season. With the exception of the Holiday Wish List Auction in December, these special auctions will be held in using a blind auction format. Please read below for both standard auction and blind auction rules.
Special Auction Nights (All dates are subject to change):
- Veterans’ Day Jersey Auction: Tuesday, November 5 vs. Buffalo & Thursday, November 7 vs. Vancouver
- Holiday Wish List Auction: Thursday, December 12 vs. Minnesota
- Holiday Jersey Auction: Saturday, December 21 vs. Dallas & Monday, December 23 vs. Colorado
- Captain’s Stick Auction: Thursday, January 23 vs. Winnipeg & Saturday, January 25 vs. Minnesota
- Valentine’s Day Jersey Auction: Wednesday, February 5 vs. Dallas & Friday, February 7 vs. Columbus
- St. Patrick’s Day Jersey Auction: Saturday, March 8 vs. Montreal & Tuesday, March 11 vs. Toronto
- Game-Used Jersey Auction: Saturday, April 5 vs. Nashville & Friday, April 11 vs. Colorado
Standard Auction RulesUnless otherwise noted, this fundraiser begins as a silent auction and ends (if necessary) as a llve auction. In order to bid on an item, fans sign their name and bid amount on an item's corresponding bid sheet. At seven (7) minutes into the SECOND INTERMISSION, the auction will begin to close. Each item will be closed out individually, beginning with the item that has the lowest bid at that moment and moving up. A Sharks Foundation Staff Member will give an audible "Going once . . . going twice . . . SOLD!" to indicate the closing of each item. If two or more fans are trying to outbid each other at this time, the Foundation Staff Member will use audible live auction style bidding until a clear winner is established.
Blind Auction RulesBlind auctions occur when limited-edition or one-of-a-kind sets of items are sold and/or nearly every member of the team has an item available. These auctions include, but are not limited to, holiday-themed jerseys, game-used jerseys, and used sticks.
Fans must complete a bid form for their desired item, stating the amount they will pay, without seeing any other bids for that item. Each item has its own color-coded bid forms and box. Only forms completed in their entirety and placed in the correct box will be eligible. The auction will close at the end of the FIRST INTERMISSION. The individual who stated the highest bid for each item will be deemed the winner. Winners will be announced at The Sharks Foundation Booth at the beginning of the SECOND INTERMISSION. Each set of bid forms is sequentially numbered. In the event of a tie, the individual with the lowest number on their bid form (thus the earlier bid) will be deemed the winner.