The 2015-16 Grant Cycle is CLOSED
Funding PrioritiesThe Sharks Foundation provides $20,000-$25,000 grants for organizations that support youth or youth and their families, with special emphasis toward underserved populations and at-risk youth. Each grant must fall into one of our focus areas of giving: Education, Health & Safety, or Character Development. Funding must be applied to the costs associated with a specific project or programming element of an organization.
The Sharks Foundation will NOT support:
- General operating deficits
- Administrative staff costs (i.e. administrative salaries, training events, etc.)
- Sponsorships or fundraisers of any kind (i.e. walks/runs, galas, tournaments, etc.)
- Recreational group outings or trips (i.e. sporting events, museums, amusement parks, etc.)
- Capital campaigns or building improvement projects
- Endowments or reserve funds
- Grants to individuals, athletic teams or schools or any associated 501(c)(3) organizations (i.e. PTAs, booster clubs, etc.)
- Be a public 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service for a minimum of five (5) years
- Provide services to children in need within Santa Clara County
- Be available for a site visit if selected as a beneficiary
- Adhere to all deadlines and application requirements
Grant Eligibility - to qualify for a grant an application must:
- Be within the range of $20,000 to $25,000
- Fall under one of the focus areas of giving: Education, Health & Safety, or Character Development
- Ensure that 100% of grant monies received from the Sharks Foundation are used for the exclusive benefit of youth or youth and their families
- Ensure that a majority of monies used (51% or more) are used for the exclusive benefit of children in Santa Clara County
- Be submitted by the Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 5:00PM deadline
Note: Each organization is able to submit one (1) grant application per season.
ProcessTimeline for the 2015-16 Grant Process:
All applicants must send the materials requested in the Application Checklist in full. Click here for the 2015-16 Grant Application Packet and Checklist.The deadline to apply is Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. Applications must be postmarked or hand-delivered by this date. NO EXCEPTIONS! Hand-delivered applications must be received by the SAP Center receptionist by 5:00 p.m. Applications will not be accepted via fax or email.
Completed applications should be delivered to:
Attn: Grant Application
525 West Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113
Once the application period has closed, the Sharks Foundation staff will review and prepare all eligible applications for consideration by the Sharks Foundation Board of Directors. An application will be deemed ineligible if it is incomplete, incorrectly formatted, not submitted by the deadline, submitted by an organization that does not meet the stated criteria or if the purpose for funding falls outside of the stated priorities. All eligible applications will receive written notification of their approval status.
If you have questions regarding the application process, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send inquiries on the status of a submitted application.
Sharks Foundation 2014-15 Grant FAQ’s
Previous Grant Recipients2014-15