The Sharks recognize the value in helping the community and for that reason, we are extremely proud of the work we do through the Sharks Foundation.
The Sharks Foundation positively impacts the community in two ways: (1) We implement effective programs that enhance the lives of youth and families and (2) We raise funds and redistribute the money back into the community.
Over the past two seasons, the Sharks Foundation has given nearly $1 million to support organizations helping those in need. Since our inception in 1994, the Sharks Foundation has:
- Donated more than $6.2 million to over 120 non-profit organizations in Santa Clara County through our annual Grant Process.
- Assisted hundreds of thousands of people in our community by leveraging the generosity of our fans through our Collection Drives held during the season.
- Helped more than 250,000 students learn about the importance of literacy through our Reading Is Cool presented by Comerica Bank program.
- Provided hundreds of families with the experience of an enjoyable holiday season through our annual Holiday Assist Party.
- Constructed eight street hockey rinks at local schools and community centers through our annual Blacktop Resurfacing project.
During the 2011-12 season, the Sharks Foundation completed the Sharks Pediatric Clinic at Valley Health Center Tully, our largest project in over a decade. The existing pediatric clinic, which sees over 6,000 patients each month regardless of ability to pay, was transformed into a Sharks-themed environment to provide a more comfortable care setting that’s fun and exciting for the kids. In addition, “Healthy Living” posters featuring mascot S.J. Sharkie were designed to promote wellness, healthy eating and physical activity to young patients during a time when obesity rates are rising at alarming rates. Click here to view pictures from the unveiling ceremony.
As role models, the Sharks Foundation is committed to being good neighbors and giving back to the community that so strongly supports us.
To view our list of current grant recipients, please click here.
To view of list of organizations supported since 1994, please click here.