Face Off With a Shark
PlayStation® “Play A Player”
Enter to win the chance to play hockey against a Sharks player on PlayStation® 3 on March 8, 2013 at Sharks Ice San Jose. The winner plus one guest will watch the San Jose Sharks practice before facing off against a Sharks player on PlayStation®. Winner also receives a PlayStation® 3 and a first party game. To enter, complete the below form by March 4, 2103 at 12PM (PT). See below for official rules.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The PlayStation “Play A Player” 2013 Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older and who shall be in the San Jose, California area on March 8, 2013. Entrants under the legal age of majority in their state of residence should get permission to enter the Promotion from their parent or guardian. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on February 13, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on March 4, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) PST (the “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter: To enter, entrants must fill out an entry form providing his or her name, age, return e-mail address, and telephone number at the following webpage: www.sjsharks.com/playstationchallenge. His or her entry will qualify them to be included in all drawings for the entire Promotion.
4. Entry Conditions: Limit one entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If there is a dispute regarding registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Prize: There shall be two (2) Grand Prize Winners. Each winner shall receive:
* Tour of the Sharks Ice Training Facility (locker room, gym, coaches’ offices) which includes watching the practice session, lunch for Winner and Guest in Stanley’s Sports Bar and as players rotate in after practice a minimum of 1 player will play NHL13 with the Winners.
* One (1) PlayStation prize package which includes 1 copy of EA’s NHL13 PS3™ software and
1 320GB PlayStation®3 system
The prize package has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $350.00. Prize package will be forfeited if winner is unable to travel or be present in San Jose, CA during designated time period. (See Winner Requirements). Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
6. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7.1. Winner Notification: Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Sponsor will select winners based on a random selection of entrants. Selection of winners will be held on March 4, 2013 at noon (12:00 p.m. PST). Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone on or about March 4, 2013.
7.2. Winner Requirements: Winner must be available to meet at Sharks Ice located at 1500 S. Tenth Street, San Jose, CA 95112 US for at least two (2) hours on March 8, 2013. Winner must arrive at 10:40 a.m. PST to meet the Sharks representative, watch a practice session, have lunch, tour the Sharks Training Facility and play Electronic Art’s (“EA”) NHL13 game with athletes. The Winner may bring one (1) guest but guest will not participate in game play. If the Winner is a minor the guest must be their parent or legal guardian.
7.3. Required Documentation: The potential winning entrant must complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Sponsor must receive the completed Affidavit within 7 days of the date stated on the notification correspondence or Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entrant. Any entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor will be disqualified. If a potential winning entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the entrant resides, then that entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her registration) within a reasonable time period, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agent’s use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrant’s contact information. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant.
10. RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants release the Promotion Entities from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prizes or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible and all associated entries will be void.
13. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Each of the parties hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California and waives any claim that is not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
14. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “PlayStation® “Play A Player” 2013 Sweepstakes”, Attn: SCEA-PSN, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by April 30, 2013.
15. Sponsor: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, California 94404.