NO PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Promotion begins at 4:30 P.M. (PT) on May 5 2013, and ends at 5:00 P.M. (PT) on May 6, 2013 (the "Promotion Period").
1. HOW TO ENTER: At the 2013 San Jose Sharks (“Sharks”) Playoffs Street Rally, a different QR code will be posted at each promotional booth. There will be 9 QR codes posted. When fans scan each QR code, they will receive a message that includes a “clue.” Each QR code will have a different “clue.” The “clue” will be a letter. When fans collect all 9 “clues,” the letters can be arranged to make up the winning phrase. All fans that submit the winning phrase will be automatically entered into the drawing.
Enter via Mobile Phone: If you have a text-messaging-capable cell phone from a participating carrier, you may enter by sending a text message to the short code 742757 with the winning phrase. Messaging & data rates may apply; contact your carrier for rates applicable to your plan.
Entry Online: To enter the Promotion without sending a text message, visit www.SJSHARKS.com, and complete the online voting form.
Limit one entry per person and email address/mobile phone, regardless of method of entry. Subsequent entries from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to enter the same drawing more than one (1) time may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Sharks. All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. PT on May 6, 2013. Sharks’ computer is the official timekeeper for the Promotion. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Entries become property of the Sharks and will not be acknowledged. Entrants may receive an invitation to sign up to receive text alerts or other content from the Sharks or an invitation to visit a Sharks sponsor website. Any such sign-up or visit is voluntary, not required for sweepstakes entry and will not affect an entrant’s chances of winning.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries that submit the winning phrase during the entry period. Drawing will be conducted on or about Wednesday, May 8, 2013. Judges decisions are final and binding.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open only to legal residents of California, 18 years of age or older on the date of entry. Employees of the San Jose Sharks, its advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Promotion, and their respective subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to participate or win. By entering the sweepstakes, you are bound by and agree to these official rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
4. VALIDATION: Potential prize winners will be notified by phone and/or email using the contact information submitted at the time of entry. Each potential winner may be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and/or publicity release. Sharks shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Winner must respond to prize notification and accept prize within three (3) days after initial notification attempt. If a potential winner does not respond and accept the prize within three (3) days after the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
5. PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize winner shall two tickets to a 2013-14 Sharks home game and a 2013 Sharks Playoffs Player exterior banner (player TBD).
Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $500. Values are determined by the San Jose Sharks. Limit one prize per household. No substitution permitted, except by Sharks, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if announced prize becomes unavailable. No transfer of any prize is permitted. Odds of winning in any drawing depend on number of eligible entries received during the entry period for that drawing. All federal, state and local taxes, and all expenses other than those expressly listed in these rules, are the sole responsibility of winners.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO ENTER AND/OR OTHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY METHODS, (SUCH AS HACKS OR BOTS), REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Sharks reserve the right to disqualify, and block or discard any entries from any individual who enters by any kind of electronic, mechanical or other automated means or otherwise tampers with or hacks the entry process as determined by the Sharks in it sole discretion. Sharks also reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Internet, electronic and/or text-messaging portions of the Promotion in the event of a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failure or disruption, force majeure or any other causes which, in their sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SHARKS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Please note, by entering, you agree that if selected as a winner, Sharks have the right (but is not obligated) to announce your name, home city, and state, during the Sharks game on April 19, 2012. Sharks are not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified.
By entering, you agree and accept to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of the Sharks, which shall be final. Sharks have the right to modify these rules in its sole discretion for clarification purpose without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Except where prohibited, all winners grant to the Sharks and its advertising agencies the right to use, and publish his or her proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state and announce on-air winner’s name, home city and state in any media to promote the Sharks and the Promotion without additional compensation. Entrants enter at their own risk. No responsibility is assumed for and the Sharks and its agents shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sharks that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Promotion generally. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release the Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents from any such liability. The Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion. PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES, ONLINE OR BY SMS (TEXT MESSAGING), OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO ENTER THE PROMOTION OR A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES SUCH THAT YOUR ENTRY IS NOT RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. THE SHARKS AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRY NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS. The Sharks may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Promotion, if at the sole discretion of the Sharks, such person shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or acts (1) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sharks, or it agents or representatives; or (2) in any other disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above in Section #1, the authorized account holder of the mobile phone or email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of a mobile phone is the natural person in whose name the phone has been issued and to whom services are billed. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Sharks in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Judges’ decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Promotion and selection of the Prize winners are final.
7. SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR: San Jose Sharks, 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113.
8. LIST OF WINNERS: A complete winners’ list will be posted online at the www.SJSHARKS.com until May 15, 2013