• In 2013-14, Point led Moose Jaw and tied for 12th in Western Hockey League scoring with 91 points (36-55—91) in 72 games. He finished the season 36 points ahead of the next highest-scoring player on his team.
• Point was an assistant captain for Team Canada at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship, tallying two assists in four games for the bronze-medal winning club.
• He scored four points (1-3—4) in five games for Canada’s gold-medal winning team at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and served as an assistant captain for Team Pacific at the 2013 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge (2-3—5 in five games).
• Point finished fourth in WHL scoring among first-year players and paced all North American rookies with 24 goals and 57 points in 67 games during the 2012-13 season.
• In 2011-12, Point tallied 41 points (19-22—41) in 32 games with the Calgary Buffaloes of the Alberta AAA Midget Hockey League before joining the Warriors in the WHL Playoffs. He tallied 10 points (7-3—10) in 14 postseason games with Moose Jaw, including three game-winning goals, two of which came in overtime (2OT in Game 4 of their first-round series vs. Regina; OT in Game 4 of their second-round series vs. Medicine Hat).
• His brother, Riley, played in the Alberta Junior Hockey League and now plays for Red Deer College in the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association.
WARRIORS’ POINT HOPING SECOND TIME IS THE CHARM WITH CANADIAN UNDER-18 TEAM (click here)
“Arms in the air, pretty subtle”
Sport (other than hockey):