• In 2013-14, Ehlers finished fourth in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with 104 points (49-55—104) in 63 games. Ehlers then added 28 points (11-17—28) in 16 postseason games before the Mooseheads were eliminated in the seventh game of their third round series against Val-d’Or. Ehlers formed a dynamic duo in Halifax while playing alongside Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin (selected third overall in the 2013 NHL Draft). Drouin (29-79—108) finished third in League scoring, Ehlers finished fourth.
• His impressive 2013-14 season saw him earn a multitude of QMJHL awards including: Rookie of the Year, Offensive Rookie of the Year and Best Professional Prospect along with All-Rookie Team and Second Team All-Star selections. He led all rookies in goals, assists and points and led the entire League with a plus-65 rating.
• Part of Denmark's gold medal-winning teams at the 2014 Under-20 World Junior Championship (Division 1, Group A) and the 2013 Under-18 World Junior Championship (Division 1, Group A) where he led all players with eight assists (3-8—11) in five games.
• His father, Heinz Ehlers, played 16 seasons of professional hockey across four different European professional leagues from 1984-85 to 2001-02. His brother Sebastian, skates for the Aalborg Pirates in Denmark’s premiere league.
• Ehlers played soccer at the national team level until he was 14, before choosing to pursue hockey full-time.
• He speaks five languages – Danish, English, French, German and Swiss.
NHL team: Dallas Stars
NHL player: Mike Modano
Shootout move: "I have a few I like to use."
Goal celebration: "Touching the ice with the glove and punch."
Video game: NHL14
Movie: Pearl Harbor
Actor: Jason Statham
Sport (other than hockey): Soccer, golf, tennis