Throwback Thursday - 5/17/2012
To celebrate Sharks history, each week we will highlight moments of the past. So check back to the Daily Chomp each week to celebrate with us for Throwback Thursday. In addition, we will be giving away special Sharks throwback items every Thursday.
This week the Daily Chomp takes a look at the Sharks 1992-93 season.
Did you know... Arturs Irbe recorded the first shutout in team history against the Los Angeles Kings on November 17, 1992.More from that year:
- Acquired Forward Yvon Corriveau from Washington and Forward Igor Larionov from Vancouver in NHL Waiver Draft on Oct. 4, 1992.
- Forward Rob Gaudreau recorded the first Sharks hat trick on Dec. 3 vs. Hartford.
- Forward Rob Gaudreau scores 19 points (14-5=19) from Dec. 3-29 and is named NHL’s December Rookie of the Month — the Sharks first League-wide award.
- Forward Kelly Kisio represented San Jose at the NHL All-Star Game in Montreal, posting a goal and an assist for the Campbell Conference team.
- Sharks played last regular season game at the Cow Palace on April 10 vs. Los Angeles before moving to San Jose Arena for 1993-94.
1992 Pop Culture:
- Bill Clinton was elected in his first term as President
- The largest shopping mall in the US, Minnesota's Mall of America was constructed spanning 78 acres.
- Miley Ray Cyrus was born.
- Fabio was the teenage heartthrob.
- Jack Nicholson uttered the famous words "You can't handle the truth!" in 'A Few Good Men'
- MTV introduced The Real World.
- Blurp Balls were all the rage.
Sharks Throwback GiveawayFill out the form below for a chance to win a unique Sharks Throwback prize. Increase your chances of winning and tweet using #SharksThrowback or text "Throwback" to 74499.
This giveaway has ended and is closed for any further submissions.